The 2022 World Passenger Symposium will explore crucial insights into the modern passenger experience under the theme of Unlocking Value Creation by Putting the Customer First.
This theme is particularly relevant because, like any business, airlines are most successful when they meet customer expectations. Global standards are the key to achieving this ideal. But standards must keep pace with technology-driven innovations and evolving customer demands. The digital sphere is maturing at an incredible rate and travelers expect transparency and choice at every stage of the travel experience, from fares and customized offers to bag tracking and contactless processing.
This year’s WPS combines the former Digital, Data and Retailing Symposium, the Global Airport and Passenger Symposium, and the Accessibility Symposium into a single event to reflect the importance and connectedness of all three elements to the customer experience.
In addition to plenary sessions, three knowledge tracks (Retail and Payment, Airport & Passenger Experience, and Accessibility) will address the end-to-end customer journey—encompassing everything from shopping and purchasing an air travel product to arriving at the destination. Each step in the travel process will be addressed from the customer and provider perspectives.
Session topics include:
- Enabling customer centricity in a new open ecosystem
- How are airlines adopting to the change of customer centricity and true retailing
- Competition in the aggregation space
- Customers at the center of contactless travel
- Overcoming baggage challenges for a better customer experience
- Providing customers with an eco-friendly airport experience
- End-to-end biometrics technology driving airport development
- Airport accessibility and inclusive design
- Transport of mobility aids
- Disability and accessibility research: what is new and why it matters for aviation
Other highlights of WPS will include:
- Results of IATA's 2022 Global Passenger Survey
- Economic outlook
- An exhibition showcasing the latest products, technologies and solutions which define the passenger experience both on the ground, and in the air
I look forward to welcoming everybody to this year’s IATA World Passenger Symposium and discussing crucial aspects of the industry’s digital transformation and the journey to customer centricity.
WPS will take place 1-3 November 2022 in Bahrain with Gulf Air as the host airline. View the complete Program and Speakers